Assessment, Reporting and Parents’ Evenings
At The James Hornsby School we believe that both tracking and reporting on student progress are paramount to helping students become successful learners. Therefore we provide students with regular feedback on class work, home learning and formal assessments.
Moreover, parents and carers will receive a student progress report three times a year and will be invited to a parent evening to discuss their child’s progress.
In addition to our traditional tracking and reporting systems, we have introduced Doddle Learn in Year 7 and Year 8. Doddle Learn is an online platform that allows teachers and students to easily track progress by breaking down the key skills within each subject and provides actionable next steps to help students improve on their learning.
Our parents’ evening dates for the academic year are as follows:
- Week commencing 24 September (3.30pm – 5.30pm) – Year 7 Meet & Greet
- 16 October (3.30pm – 7.30pm) – Year 11 Parents’ Evening
- 20th November (3.30pm – 7.30pm) – Year 9 Parents’ Evening
- 15th January (3.30pm – 7.30pm) – Year 10 Parents’ Evening
- 5th February (3.30pm – 7.30pm) – Year 7 Parents’ Evening
- 7th March (5.00pm – 7.30pm) – Year 8 Options Evening
- 14th May (3.30pm – 7.30pm) – Year 8 Parents’ Evening