At The James Hornsby School, we are passionate about supporting students through the process of deciding upon the direction they take after finishing school. We provide impartial guidance and advice on further education, training or employment across KS3 and KS4 and involve many outside agencies such as employers and education providers.
Our Careers Leader is Mrs Parsad. If you have any queries about careers, post 16 options, higher education or work experience please contact her on 01268 582400 or by email email@example.com
Provider Access Policy
How We Assess Impact
South East Labour Market
Year 11 Future Destination
We have a superb track record of helping students in their future progression.
Many students have attained places at outstanding sixth forms leading on to prestigious university placements.
Following the Education Act 2011, from September 2012 schools and academies are responsible for making sure that their pupils get impartial careers information, advice and guidance.
James Hornsby School provides careers information, advice and guidance to all our young people. We ensure that every student is supported in making well informed choices about their next stage of education, training or employment.
School leaders have succeeded in bringing pupils together into a positive, caring school community which promotes high expectations for attitudes towards learning, relationships and attendance.
We have a superb track record in helping students make positive and aspirational career choices, with many students attending high achieving 6th Form Colleges post 16. Many students continue their studies at The King John 6th Form, Westcliff High 6th Form as well as Palmers 6th Form College, SEEVIC and SEEC
Pupils are ambitious and many express a desire to join the ranks of prestigious professions including law, medicine, accountancy and aviation.
Visit Future-Talent website for current local apprenticeship opportunities:
- Apprenticeships in Engineering & Manufacturing Friday 19th June – 14:30 – 15:00 with Airbus & Network Rail https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4781956796600775693
- Apprenticeships in the Automotive Industry with Tuesday 23rd June – 15:00 – 15:45 The Institute of the Motor industry (IMI) and Apprentice Automotive Engineer Emma Beauchamp https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8312472140670365453
- Apprenticeships in Digital & Technology with IBM & EY Wednesday 24th June 15:00 – 15:30 https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/944711793197433357
- Apprenticeships in the Energy Sector with employers Friday 26th June – 14:30-15:00
- Understanding T Levels Tuesday 30th June – 15:00 – 15:30 https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6686434081211166989
- Apprenticeships in Logistics Friday 3rd July 2020 – 14:30 – 15:00 https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/471569949532903949
- T Levels: Digital Tuesday 7th July – 14:30pm – 15:00 https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1696518261852108813
- T Levels: Early Years Friday 10th July – 14:30 – 15:00 https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5060425708521173261
- T Levels: Construction Tuesday 14th July – 14:30 – 15:00 https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6954118983086294797
Students from year 9, 10 and 11 can access Kudos which is an online careers exploration platform.
Login to Kudos:
Students log in details are:
For year 9:
17 then first 2 letters of first name and first 2 letters of second name
For year 10:
The first 3 letters of your first name and the first 2 letters of your surname followed by jhs
For year 11:
The first 2 letters of your first name and the first 2 letters of your surname followed by jhs
The password for everyone is password.
Make Happen is offering a free webinar aimed to help parents/carers who need some support during lockdown to help with their child’s education, this is hosted by educational motivator, Mr Beezy. The content is devised to support you, as a parent/carer, to engage with your child and help with their education during these uncertain times.
For more information and to sign up please visit https://www.makehappen.org/event/online-workshop-practical-help-for-parents-during-lockdown/
Higher Education at home with Loughborough University!
New to HE at Home? All of the resources available on the webpage are free, and have been designed in a way so that they can be delivered by parents or even individual students themselves from the comfort of their own home. Booking is simple, visit the website, simply select the resources you would like, complete the booking form, and your resources will be sent to you via email, ready for you to download. All that students will need are a pen and paper so no need to leave the house!
DofE Skills Toolkit
- CEIAG Policy 2019
- College Open Events 2019/20
- CV Template
- Apprenticeships Parent Pack January 2020
- Curriculum Map Careers
- Yr 10 Mock Interview Letter – 28.02.20
- Careers Week
- Kudos Info for Parents
- Apprenticeship at Millhouse for a Teaching Assistant
- Apprenticeship opportunities as Investment Operations Administrator
- Apprenticeship opportunities as Customer Services Apprentice – Finance – 3.4.20
- Apprenticeship News May 2020
- KS4-career-learning-at-home Interactive workpack
- KS3-career-learning-at-home Interactive workpack
- My future life
- Post 16 Options Presentation 2020
- Apprenticeship and other useful websites for Year 11