At The James Hornsby School, our desire is to enrich the every day learning experience and to raise aspirations.
To support our wide-ranging curriculum, both inside and outside of the classroom, we continually improve and develop our school site. We strive to provide students with an environment that allows them to reach their full potential. We are committed to creating an atmosphere that is both stimulating and supportive. Our school site is designed to ensure that students have the best possible learning experience.
Our school boasts:
- A picturesque site, modern facilities and well-equipped classrooms are just some of the features that make our school an ideal learning environment. We strive to ensure that every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- The James Hornsby School consists of 26 acres of green, clean, and naturally beautiful terrain.
- Fully equipped technology workrooms (the envy of some small businesses!). The area is also supported by a team of experienced and knowledgeable staff members.
A Hair and Beauty Salon, offering a range of treatments for all. The salon provides a platform for students to practice and hone their skills. Students have access to the latest trends and techniques in the industry. The salon also provides career development opportunities.
A fully equipped drama studio with lighting and audio systems. Acting and performance techniques can be explored in a creative environment. The studio also provides a platform for students to showcase their work.
- Among the facilities for music are a well-equipped music classroom, a recording studio, and practice rooms for musicians.
- There is a newly renovated, modern Main Hall with tiered seating for 326 students and an induction hearing loop for students with hearing impairments. We have extended the hall with a foyer and renovated the toilet area. There is a variety of artwork in the foyer and lobby area that illustrates the school's history. Toilet facilities have been renovated and feature modern fixtures and fittings. Three learning areas have been added to the second floor (also referred to as the learning loft)
- Reading and computer facilities in the Learning Resource Centre that provide a tranquil atmosphere for afterschool studies.
A recently modern refurbished Dining Hall and servery offering delicious selection of hot and cold lunches. The Dining Hall is well-equipped with high-quality cooking appliances, providing students with nutritious meals to fuel their studies.
- A gymnasium featuring a climbing wall and a multipurpose indoor sports facility.
- A sports hall that provides an ideal space for engaging in a wide range of physical activities such as football, hockey, basketball, volleyball, netball, and badminton.
- There is a fitness suite with running and rowing machines as well as free weights.
- An 18m indoor swimming pool for activities including kayaking and scuba-diving.
- There is a floodlit 3G multi-use games area that is FA approved and registered.
- An extensive array of external playing fields for athletics, rugby, and football.
- Storage for bicycles and scooters that is secure.
Sports Centre Prices & Hire
Please see download links below or email email@example.com for more details.