Students will learn and develop their understanding and skills in a plethora of dance styles and techniques, from ballet to Lindy hop and contemporary to street dance.
Students will perform a large array of dance styles to differing audiences throughout the course and will be expected to work effectively as part of an ensemble as well as individually. Practitioners will be studied and students will undertake an exploration into the performing arts industry. This course challenges the physical and the intellectual student through creating their own choreographed pieces to assembling their own portfolio of work for unit assessments.
- Confident with literacy skills
- Experience in dance of any style
- Confident to perform to large audiences
- Committed to developing skills outside of lesson time (extra-curricular dance and revision sessions)
- Willing to work hard at all times
- Effective as part of a team
Taking NCFE Performance skills in Dance as an option can lead to the following careers:
- Dance teacher
- Professional dancer
- Stage manager
- Front of house manager
Courses to investigate are:
- BTEC Level 3 Performing Arts
- A-level Dance
- A-level P.E.
- EPQ in Dance
- BTEC Dance
The course is split into two units, one exam based and the other a combination of practical and coursework.
- Unit 1: Working in the performance industry (external exam)
- Unit 2: Planning and perform