NCFE Child Development and Care
Students will learn and develop their understanding of child development and well-being necessary for working with children in a variety of settings.
It is aimed at a range of learners who wish to be introduced to childcare and development of children aged 0-5 years.
Key areas of focus will be:
- a basic introduction in to working with children in a variety of settings
- an understanding of roles and responsibilities when working in a setting
- an understanding of equality and diversity within a childcare setting
- a basic understanding of the stages and sequence of child development
- an introduction to observing children and how it supports development
- an introduction to the influences that affect holistic development
- an introduction to everyday care routines and the types of activities that can support the development of independence
Taking NCFE Child development and care could lead to the following courses:
- Level 3 BTEC in childcare
- Apprenticeship in Early years Educator
- Level 3 BTEC Health and social care
This course is divided into 3 units. Two are coursework based and the final unit is a written exam.
- Unit 1- understanding provisions available for young children
- Unit 2- development and wellbeing aged 0-5 years
- Unit 3- child development (external exam)