At The James Hornsby School, our desire is to enrich the every day learning experience and to raise aspirations.
As such, we are continually improving and developing our school site to encourage innovation and to support our wide-ranging curriculum, both inside and outside the classroom.
Our school boasts:
- a beautiful site
- a natural green and clean 26 acres,
- fully equipped technology workrooms (the envy of some small businesses!),
- a Hair and Beauty Salon,
- a fully resourced drama studio with lighting and audio systems,
- extensive music facilities, including a well-equipped music classroom, a recording studio and music practice rooms,
- a refurbished Main Hall with tiered seating for 200, and professional light and sound systems,
- a well-stocked Learning Resource Centre with reading and computer facilities – a tranquil environment for afterschool study
- an inviting dining hall and servery offering a delicious selection of hot and cold lunches,
- a multi-purpose indoor sports facility with a climbing wall,
- a sports hall catering for football, hockey, basketball, volleyball, netball and badminton,
- a fitness suite with running and rowing machines and a free weight area,
- an 18m indoor swimming pool for activities including kayaking and scuba-diving (we are also an approved National Life-Guard Training Centre),
- an FA-approved and registered floodlit 3G multi-use games area,
- external playing fields for football, rugby, and athletics,
- an external gym area,
- secure bicycle/scooter storage.