Careers - Employers
Local Businesses - We Need Your Expertise!
At The James Hornsby School we are busy growing your employees of the future. We need your help to raise their career aspirations, develop their employability skills and learn more about the exciting industries in Essex.
Inspire Young Minds
Being part of our business support network will provide you moments of great satisfaction but striving to make a difference can also be an exciting challenge! Having employers like you helping to inspire young minds and transform attitudes through a range of activities and opportunities is the foundation of an excellent careers programme as set out by the Gatsby Foundation’s eight Benchmarks of good practice and the Careers and Enterprise Company.
The James Hornsby School has the benefit of a key business volunteer who works with us on a strategic level, encouraging the development of our careers programme and connecting us the business community across the county. This role is recognised nationally as an Enterprise Advisor (EA) and they are part of the Essex careers hub. Our current EA is Georgina Angele and she would be delighted to have a chat with you about getting involved in our programme of activity.
Ways To Support
• Be part of our Mock interviews with Year 10 students
• Help to deliver session on how to structure their CVs and interview preparation
• Get involved in extracurricular clubs and activities
• Give an inspiring talk based on your industry or job role
• Provide a coaching/mentoring service through a structured programme
• Run a hands-on workshop with activities relating to your area of expertise
• Be part of our assemblies about pathways after school, e.g. apprenticeships
• Help champion specific issues and challenge barriers in the workplace around gender stereotyping, disability etc.
• Help bring a subject lesson to life by linking it to your industry
• Offer a work experience placement for students at your business premises/virtually
• Become an ambassador supporting employment routes for young people with special educational needs and disabilities and offer a work experience placement that is co-supported by the school
What to Expect
By getting involved you will not only be supporting future workforce development and helping to broaden the minds of the young people but you will be developing new skills for your staff, forging community links and building a positive profile for your company.
We will support you throughout your visit to us to ensure we maximise the use of your valuable time. Our Careers Leader is Mrs Ami Parsad [firstname.lastname@example.org] and they will:
• Be your main point of contact for all enquiries
• Organise pre-meets/discussions/information for activities you sign up to
• Provide you details of the local arrangements including parking, facilities and our safeguarding policy
• Conduct a short evaluation with you to ensure we are getting things right
• Add you to our network and keep you up to date with future activities